With you: Elimite
Place removed nits into a sealed plastic bag and throw it into the trash. Permethrin is an anti-parasite medication. To receive Elimite
Elimite is used to treat head lice and scabies.
Dosage and direction
Massage the cream into your skin from the head to the soles of the feet. In infants which medication should be used also on the scalp, temple and forehead if applied to children and geriatric patients. The usual quantity needed to treat an adult is 30 gm. Usually one treatment is sufficient to treat the infection. Do not apply to irritated skin, open cuts or wounds. Do not take orally. Avoid getting of the medication to the nose, mouth, eyes, or genitals. Repeat the treatment if lice are still seen a week after your first application.
To prevent reinfection treat your environment (clothing, bedding, hats, hair brushes, pillows, furniture and accessories) when you treat your body. Wash all your clothes, towels and bed linens, in hot water and dry in high heat. Treat with permethrin surface spray furniture in your house. During treatment avoid sexual contacts or be sure that all sexual partners are treated to prevent re-infestation of crabs. To avoid spreading of the infection do not share your hair accessories, hair brushes, combs, hats, bed linens, clothing, and other articles of personal use. Do not use Elimite while breastfeeding.
Patients allergic to allergic to permethrin or to chrysanthemums should not use this drug. Do not use the cream while you are breastfeeding.
Possible side effect
This medication is usually well tolerated. It was reported about rare cases of pruritus, erythema, numbness, rash, tingling. Symptoms of allergic reaction are also possible: rash, hives, facial swelling, itching, mild burning, numbness or tingling, stinging, or redness.
Elimite applied topically is not likely to interact with other drugs. Tell your doctor about all medications and herbal products you use.
Usually this medication is used only once. Repeat treatment in seven days if necessary.
Symptoms of Elimite overdose are unknown. Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect overdose.
Store tablets at room temperature between 15-30 C (59-86 F) in a dry tight container away from moisture and sunlight.
We provide only general information about medications which does not cover all directions, possible drug integrations, or precautions. Information at the site cannot be used for self-treatment and self-diagnosis. Any specific instructions for a particular patient should be agreed with your health care adviser or doctor in charge of the case. We disclaim reliability of this information and mistakes it could contain. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage as a result of any use of the information on this site and also for consequences of self-treatment.